Sunday, September 20, 2009

Parker, CO

In August Aaron and I went to Parker, CO to see my family before they moved to Germany. It was kind of a mini-reunion because almost everyone came! We were missing Courtney and her kids, Amber, Stacia, Kaisha, Austin and Aunt Debbie. I did get to see Stacia later though! It was really fun to see everyone and be reminded that I still have family around even though my parents went to Germany. It was supposed to be a weekend thing, but my mom ended up in the hospital while we were there! Some complications with her previous surgery. She was having a really hard time. Things have finally all straightened out and she's doing very well now, but we were all concerned for her! And the vacation definitely got an unexpected extension!!
Here are a couple pictures...



The DeLaMare family! Greg, Lisa, Tanya, Kym, Grammy, Mom, Papa

Me and my Dad :)

Me and my baby sister, Macy! (she's in her PJs)


Also, when my parents drove out to Colorado, they brought a few of my things with them!! So I got some childhood items back :) I took some pictures, just for fun...

My dollhouse!! The furniture is pictured below. When I was about six, I was at a garage sale with my mom and we were looking for fanny packs, but I saw the dollhouse! I asked for it, but she said I had to choose between the furniture or the house because of the price. So I picked the furniture and we bought it and left. The next day, the family who had the garage sale showed up at our house with the dollhouse and just gave it to me! I remember opening the door to see two little girls holding the dollhouse with huge smiles on their faces. It was amazing! I spent HOURS with that dollhouse over the years. I love it! So it's really fun to have it back. Maybe my daughters will play with it some day :)My mom found this book and some old baby blankets of mine. So she gave them to me for my kids! (Do I sense some hints?? haha jk) Isn't the signature adorable?? lol :)


When we lived in Germany when I was about 12, I went on a dish run with my mom and a bunch of women and my mom bought me some dishes for my hope chest! I wasn't allowed to have them until I got married, so I hadn't seen them since we bought them and it was so much fun to finally get them!! I love the little fruit and flower border. They're so "country kitchen" :) This is a picture of the first meal I served on my dishes!! (Ignore the fork...)

And finally.... the surgery that my mom had that gave her complications was her hysterectomy and in some kind of celebration of freedom, she handed over ALL her old feminine products to me. And the best part is the bag that she put them all in for me... haha!! My dad got it at some kind of conference, and never thought to read it, so he brought it home and suggested my mom use it as a church bag. Good thing my mom read it first!!

2 comments:

  1. I thiiink I remember that dollhouse...did you have it in Germany? Did we play with it with your barbies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We totally did! haha, that's so much fun! It cracks me up how much we still loved barbies when we were 11 and 12. Good times!! :)

    ReplyDelete