Saturday, June 27, 2009

Today went to the dogs...

...literally!

Today Aaron and I braved the sweltering St. Louis heat and set up the electric dog fence for Quincy and Sugar! We didn't want to go through the hassle of burying the wire, so Aaron got lawn staples at Home Depot and we just used those. Anyway, we got it all set up and the dogs did really well with it! Sugar broke through once by hopping over it, but we realized her collar wasn't tight enough to get the shock, so hopefully that problem is solved.
After we got that all squared away, it was bath time! Sugar is hilarious in the tub because she looks like a drowned ferret.
Quincy was really funny when I was drying him off! I rubbed him down with a towel, and then when I finished, I just dropped the towel on top of him to see what he would do. Of course he just tossed the towel off of him, but then he started rubbing all over the towel to get more dry! It was sooo cute!! I took some pictures of him doing it...

I also tried to get a video, but he was done by then. I included the video anyway, just so you can Quincy shakin' his thang :)


When that was all done, we trimmed Quincy's nails. (FINALLY! He's drawn blood on me with those long nails almost every day for the past week and a half!) Unfortunately, it turned out to be quite the ordeal! Usually he's really good about me cutting his nails, but he jerked around once at just the wrong time and made me cut into his quick... so of course that hurt him really badly and he was just freaking out the rest of the time. Aaron had to come in and help me. It actually turned out to be a really cute and sweet experience. I held Quincy on his back in my lap and talked to him while Aaron did his back paws. He was really scared and whiny, but he was a brave little guy and we were so proud of him for being so good even after getting his quick cut :) I told Aaron that we were all trained now to have a kid get blood drawn or something!
Oh and I just have to also say... when we were brushing them one at a time they were so cute because they hated being left alone in the dog pen and all they wanted to do was go back in their pen so they could play with each other!! It's ridiculously adorable to watch how much they love each other!

Alright, well enough of that... now you all know about our doggie-parent life! We try to play it down, but let's face it -- Quincy and Sugar are our babies right now and we can't help but talk about them! :)

2 comments:

  1. My dog, Holly, learned 'on the towel', as a command, so that after her baths we lay it out flat and say on the towel a couple times, and she dries herself off like that! You guys should do that with your dogs, its way helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol Daisy does the same thing with the towel. It's so funny how we talk about our dogs like they are actual kids. :) it'll have to do a for a while! haha!

    ReplyDelete