Thursday, January 17, 2013

Nursery Photos!!!

I have finally gotten the nursery together enough to post photos!!  :)  

Okay, first the changing table... I was rather frustrated with how the changing table initially turned out.  The changing pad cover was really thin and rough material and was a little too small for the changing pad (it was coming up on the side and it looked bad).  And the color didn't quite match any other purple tones in the nursery so it looked weird.  Also the baskets I bought were really high and deep so it made it very difficult to access anything in the baskets.  I had to pull them out to get to them, and then the white paint on the baskets would scratch up the wood on my changing table!  Agh!  Anyway, I just wasn't thrilled.  Here's what it originally looked like:


So anyway, instead of sucking it up and living with it, I decided to return the changing pad cover and the baskets.  I'm so glad I did!  Last night I found some other beautiful baskets at Hobby Lobby (for 50% off!!) that are perfect for what I want and I like the sizes much better.  I have a white changing pad cover that a friend gave me to put on the changing pad for now, but I'm hoping to get a white minky dot one eventually.  Anyway - that's the tale of the changes with the changing table!  Here's what it looks like now (I like it so much more!):

And here are the rest of the photos of the nursery!
(I haven't hung anything on the walls yet - so it will look much better soon.)

The little plaque that's above the crib right now is not actually staying there.  There was just already a nail in the wall that happened to be right there, so we stuck the sign there so we wouldn't lose it while we were putting everything else together.  We're actually going to have her name above the crib in big purple letters matching the purple paint on the side wall, and I have some cute butterflies that match the bedding set that will be above the glider.


 Don't worry, I'm not leaving the bumpers there - they're just cute to look at for now!  :)

I just love how well the paint color matches the bedding set :)



There it is!  The curtains look funky with the light from the window in this picture, but the color of the curtains actually perfectly matches the painted wall and the dark purple in the bedding set, so I think it's prettier in person, but you can only do so much with a photo!  I'm biased though, so I might be the only one who thinks so :)

And here's the bassinet she'll be sleeping in that will be in our bedroom when she first arrives :)

And HERE is my diaper bag!!!  LOVE this bag.... :D

So we're just about ready for her to come!  Still need just a few more big things (like a car seat, stroller and baby monitor...but we've been waiting for the items we picked out to go on sale - luckily Babies R Us is having a sale this weekend so I think we'll get that taken care of shortly), but I think we're about ready!  And there's still little things we somehow don't have yet (like receiving blankets!), but we will figure all that out!  :)

 I'm feeling like this is all totally surreal and I really have a hard time believing she's actually going to be here soon.  But just in case by some miracle she really does show up, we'll be ready!  ;)

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you said you weren't going to keep the bumpers in there. I did the same thing, though...bought the bedding set, took pictures, then took the bumpers out and didn't use the bedspread for a couple years ;) I have a friend whose baby died of SIDS (she was born a month after Carter) and I'm super paranoid about that type of stuff. But I LOVE how the room looks!! Your little girl is going to be so lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so cute! I love purple, too. That's what we did for our babe.

    I'm very excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job decorating, looks like a magazine.

    ReplyDelete