Sunday, January 6, 2013

Thrift Store Finds!

Today Aaron and I went on a little date for lunch and peeked in a couple of thrift stores.  We found some great deals!  Thought I'd share a couple quickly...

One that I'm most proud of is this lion toy ("Stride to Ride Lion").  My coworker highly recommended it so I had it on my registry, but it's $50!!  I thought that was pretty expensive for a toy, but she said it was really awesome and her son loved it (and I love lions!) so I put it on my list to purchase when the baby is around 9-12mo.  Well I saw it on a high shelf at the thrift store and had Aaron get it down for me... price tag said...$5!!!!  Aaron didn't want to get it at first because he said it was a boy toy and not for a girl, lol.  I told him the retail price and he checked Amazon on his phone.  Amazon had it on sale for $40, but still impressive savings since we got it for $5!  So it's in our basement until the baby is older, but I'm still excited about it :)  I was proud of myself for being familiar enough with baby products to recognize the toy and know the retail cost so I knew I was getting a good deal :)

Fisher-Price Stride-To-Ride Lion
Another favorite find was this baby bouncer!  Love it!  I think the green stripes with the pink and brown is so dang cute.  And it's 100% machine washable - already took everything off and washed it and it looks great!


I had been planning to purchase this one on Amazon for $30... Fisher-Price Comfy Time Bouncer
...which is still a good price for a bouncer, but when I saw the one at the thrift store I thought we'd at least find out how much it was.  There was no price tag on it and we weren't too hopeful because most of the bouncers near it were priced at $30 so we weren't sure it would be worth it.  But we eventually tracked someone down and they sold it to us for $17!  Yay!  So we saved a bit there, and I actually like it better than the one I had picked out!  It was already in great condition and since I could wash everything on it, it's totally like new!

We also got the Nursing Mother's Companion book for $1!  It's only $7-10 on Amazon, but $1 is much better so that was a good find as well!  

We also picked up a pair of church shoes for $2, a book about introducing babies to solid foods for $1, and a couple of baby swimsuits for $5!  I'm excited about the swimsuits because I've been thinking a lot about doing the mom/baby pool time this summer at our local rec center, but I didn't want to spend $15-20 on a swimsuit if I wasn't sure she'd even like it.  So $5 works for me!  I got a 0-3mo size and 3-6mo size.  Aaron helped me pick them out - so cute! :)




It was a great date!  I just may become a thrift store regular :)

1 comment: