Thursday, January 29, 2009

Locked Out!

So a couple of days ago Aaron and I had a really funny experience. I got home from work around noon (another 5am shift!) and Aaron was home! That was a nice surprise! :) He had come home to let the dog out on his lunch break because I wasn't supposed to get home until about 2pm, but we finished inventorying Kohl's a little early. So anyway, Quincy had already eaten and everything so I went ahead and took him out one more time and Aaron followed me out the door to go back to work. Then I headed back into the apartment...only find the door LOCKED! Out of habit, Aaron had locked it behind him. I had been on my feet since 5am and I was tired. I was still wearing my work clothes, badge and belt included, but of course I had set down my keys and my gloves inside. I turned around just in time to see Aaron drive off. So... I was totally locked out in the snow with the dog. I wanted to be frustrated, but I could only laugh. It was a pretty funny situation! So I walked a couple blocks over to my friend and visiting teacher's house. I called Aaron and told him what happened. He not only came back immediately, but picked me up at my friend's house so that I wouldn't have to walk back and wait for him in the cold. I have such a good husband! :) So that was our entertainment for the day, haha.
Ok I have to take a second to brag a little... last night I made my homemade Portuguese soup and I made homemade bread for the first time!!! The apartment smelled so good and dinner was so tasty :)

No comments:

Post a Comment