Sunday, April 5, 2009

....Home Owners....??!?!?

Well it looks like Obama may be dishing out $8000 to us next tax season... we've been house hunting since the end of October last year and I think we finally found something we love! On Thursday we went out with our real estate agent (and our friend Megan!) for THREE HOURS and looked at about 10 houses. The very first house we walked into just blew us away! We just kept thinking, "Wow, this is IT!" But we still had a big list of houses to look at, so we pressed on. All the houses we looked at that day were really great houses; some of the best we've seen since we started looking! I kept comparing them to the first house and in my mind they just didn't compare! Then we got to the last house and it was really awesome... it was actually very very similar to a house we almost put an offer on a couple of months ago but ultimately decided against it because of the price and other factors. Having Megan with us made house hunting SO much better! It was so great to have someone to chat with about potential updates and uses for the houses - as well as someone to get excited about the kitchens with me!! :) Anyway, we walked out of the last house thinking it was between that one and the first one. I asked if we could go look at the first one again and we all jumped in our cars and headed back over there. When we first walked back in I wasn't sure... but after we went down in the basement and I started picturing the house furnished and mentally moved myself in to both houses... I knew which one I wanted! Aaron and I talked about it in the car and we both loved the first house!


So.... we gave our agent a call the very next day and set up a time to meet with her and on Friday night we spent another three hours writing up an offer!!! We were supposed to hear back by 5pm on Saturday, but the other agent hasn't been able to get a hold of the homeowner. He lives in VA and works for the Pentagon so his agent thinks he's out of the country for a little while. We should hear back soon though - so stay tuned! I'll post more details soon :)

4 comments:

  1. Yay!! I can't wait to help you move in! haha! I love you new background btw...very cute! Ok well keep us updated!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yah I got the background idea from your blog Megan! Aaron said he wanted something gender neutral... so I told him that since there was brown in it that it counted! :)

    ReplyDelete