Monday, December 6, 2010

Thanksgiving

For Thanksgiving this year we had dinner at my Aunt Lisa's house with my aunts, uncles and cousins (Aunt Lisa, Uncle Jeff, Aunt Tanya, Wayne, Lauren, Ryan, Eric, Tara, Emma) AND the best part was that my brother Phil came up from Albuquerque and he was there too!!! It was so great to see him. I can't believe I hadn't seen him since last Thanksgiving. He was one of my best friends growing up and I always love being able to see him and talk with him. He wasn't alone this year, he brought a girlfriend, Marianna. Normally, that would bother me and I'd just be intimidating and cold and scare her off, but I actually really liked this one! I kept my distance at first to get a read on her and she seemed very composed and mature for her age, as well as emotionally balanced so I gave her a shot and I'm glad I did! I got a good vibe from her and we were able to have a really great talk later in the evening. So - never thought I'd say this about a girl Phil brought around, but... - I approve! (In college my buddy Ron gave me a stamp that said "Janae approved", should I stamp her with it?? lol)

Anyway, Thanksgiving was great, Aunt Lisa did an amazing job putting everything together and the table conversation was lots of fun. I loved being able to spend time with everyone talking, eating, playing games and laughing. And we were sent home with entire pumpkin pie and some leftover turkey! It was a great day :)

The next day I worked 12 hours for Black Friday, but Phil, Marianna, Aunt Tanya, Tara and Emma all came in and hung out with me at work for about an hour! It was fun to help them shop, lol. It really helped my day move along. I'm glad I got new shoes for work before Black Friday ($12 on clearance! lol) because my feet didn't hurt at all even after the long day! We had pretty good stock of everything so not very many people went away disappointed. Our store was actually number one in the district for camera sales! And since I'm in the camera department that made me pretty happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment