Sunday, September 23, 2012

September 23 - One Year Later


Today marks the one year anniversary of when we lost our baby.  I can't believe it's been a whole year.  Losing her was the most painful thing I've ever experienced.





This is my favorite scripture lately:  "Murmur not because of the things which thou hast not seen, for they are withheld from thee and from the world, which is wisdom in me in a time to come." (Doctrine and Covenants 25:4)

Our loss was not a random accident of nature.  My daughter is withheld from me and from the world, but it is wisdom in God and in a time to come I will better understand why.  Meanwhile, it hurts.  

I'm grateful for my Savior who makes getting through this life possible.

It is so healing to have this new baby inside of me and on the way to be in our arms.  My daughter is in God's arms instead of mine.  Though it's a much better place for her to be, it's still hard for me and I ache for her.  I know she's so excited for her brother or sister to come and be a part of our family, and she's watching over us.  

She will never be forgotten and will always be loved.




No comments:

Post a Comment