Wednesday, October 10, 2012

It's a Girl!!!!



We're having a girl!!  It was a 100% sure call by the ultrasound tech, she got a really clear shot.  So no hesitation on busting out all things purple!  :)  We are so excited!!

We had a boy name all picked out (Jason Aaron), but hadn't settled on a girl name yet - whoops!  At this point we're thinking Claire or Audrey, but we're still not sure.  I've always loved the name Claire since I was younger, but I'm a little worried that it's not very nickname-proof.  I also love the name Audrey (LOVE that it starts with an "A" like Aaron), but I'm concerned that it's becoming way too popular.  I told Aaron he can either choose between those two and go ahead and name her, or we'll come up with some other options together.  I thought it would be fun for our daughter to know that her dad named her.  And I like both of the names equally.  So we'll see!  It's all up to Mr. Robinson at this point!  :)

Meanwhile, I have a lot to learn about girls!  I was raised by a tomboy mom and four brothers so I'm a little out of my comfort zone!  But I couldn't be more excited!  Even though I'm more comfortable with boys, I've always wanted my oldest to be a girl, so this is seriously awesome news!  And I have lots of friends and family to help me along the way!  So hopefully Amazon sells shotguns because it looks like we need to add one to our registry! haha, oh this will be so fun!

Oh and also one of the other YW leaders and her daughter (one of the laurels) came up with this really clever idea to do a gender reveal cake at mutual!  So we did that last night and it was so fun!  I stopped by for about ten minutes to cut the cake and see everyone briefly.  It was really hard for me to go and see all my girls and my friends and not be able to stay longer and visit!  As it was, Aaron nearly had to carry me from the building, I was amazed by how just that quick visit put me in so much pain.  I guess I really do need to stay down!  But I LOVED having the chance to see my girls and the other leaders - LOVE all those ladies!

(the video from mutual is not uploading for some reason, but I posted it on facebook)





2 comments:

  1. Just so you know I have several pictures of you as a little girl with bows and fluffy dresses and curly hair, so if a "tom-boy mom" can do that I think you'll do just fine!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny how we both got the opposite of what we are most comfortable with, lol! Me with a boy and you with a girl, but I'm sure we'll survive!

    ReplyDelete