Friday, October 5, 2012

Sleep! and other updates


Very exciting news in my low-key world....

...last night I got to SLEEP!!!  :)

I've only been able to rest for a couple or a few hours a night because my pain keeps me awake all night, and it has been tough!  Mostly because when I'm exhausted it's harder to have the mental stamina to get through the pain without feeling completely defeated and inadequate.

So last night I was really tired from not sleeping all week and then we watched the Presidential Debate, which got me totally pumped up!  That surge of energy/emotion must have triggered something because next thing I knew I was irritated by EVERYTHING for the next couple of hours.  And then while walking back to the couch from the bathroom I was hit with some very sudden crazy ridiculous pain and I fell on the floor and couldn't move or get Aaron's attention for about a half hour.  Ended up bawling on the floor for 20 minutes from the pain and frustration before Aaron came to my rescue.  So anyway - short version is that somewhere between being physically, mentally and emotionally EXHAUSTED I was able to totally pass out last night and I got TEN HOURS of SOLID SLEEP!  I didn't even wake up to use the bathroom - which is nothing short of EPIC! (I think the colder weather also was part of being able to sleep, I love fall weather!)

Although I will admit that this morning when I woke up and realized that I actually got sleep, I celebrated for about 1.78 seconds and then panicked.  It was too good to be true!  I figured something must be wrong for me to be that comfortable.  So I raced hobbled downstairs and grabbed the awesome fetal doppler than Aaron bought me and had to find the baby's heartbeat before I relaxed and realized that something good actually happened and it was okay!  :)  It took a little longer than usual to find the heartbeat and the baby was moving a lot so I had to keep re-finding it, but I was finally able to keep tabs on it long enough to feel peaceful again.  Wheeeeew!  Seriously, my baby's heartbeat is the best.sound.ever.

Other quick updates -

  • My church is taking very good care of me by having a couple people stop by once a week with groceries and doing some basic clean up and making food with my groceries so I have quick meals to grab and reheat - they are AWESOME!  Trying not to feel guilty for these busy women with families coming by and helping just me.  
  • Every now and again a friend will stop by with lunch or something and sit and keep me company, which is really nice.  People are starting to figure out that the quickest way to make me happy is to bring me a baked potato and small cup of chili from Wendy's, or nachos bell grande from Taco Bell  :)  And I really love to have the company since I'm alone almost all day!
  • Work is getting better.  I've been able to remote in from my laptop so I can lie on my couch and work at the same time, which is much easier than going all the way to the basement to sit up at Aaron's computer.  I do miss having his fancy 3-screen set up though!  But it's not as bad as I thought it would be to have one screen and no number pad.  I'm starting to get into a good flow with my workload.  My coworker even stopped by the other day to bring me all my reference files I kept at my desk so I have them handy.  She also brought my food stash from my desk and a HUGE bag of maternity clothes gifted from my other coworker!!  I work with a seriously awesome team  :)
  • Aaron is super busy with work, classes and other pursuits. I love when he has a demo at work because he dresses extra sharp and the man looks goood! ;) He's almost halfway done with his MBA through CU Denver online. He's taking two classes this semester instead of his usual one at a time so he's very busy with homework almost every evening. He gets very good grades on everything, I'm so proud of him! He really takes pride in his work and I love that about him. He's also been working on some business ideas with some of his friends and he's been getting more serious about that lately which is very fun for him.
  • We find out the baby's gender on MONDAY!!  But I'm not going to post it on Facebook/Blog until Tuesday night or Wednesday (sorry!).  We're SO excited!  I have no idea what it is - I've had zero Mama intuitions on this one.  But just for fun I'm guessing a boy and Aaron is guessing a girl!  We don't care though!  I never believe people when they say that, but I really don't care.  I'll feel less intimidated if it's a boy though.  And Aaron said he'll be less nervous if it's a girl, haha.  I guess we have different comfort zones!  Janessa or Jason...we'll see!  (we're still deciding on names, those are just two that we like - we're also thinking Claire or Audrey for a girl, so hard to choose!)  :)  Won't be long until we finally know!!



No comments:

Post a Comment