Sunday, October 14, 2012

Mom's Visit and Painting the Nursery

My mom has been here visiting the past couple days!  She left today :(  I loved having her here!!!  She was so helpful in getting me organized and helping me clean up.  This might be TMI, but a big challenge I've had is that I really needed a bra that actually fits my pregnant body, but that's not exactly something I can just put on the Relief Society radar and get help with!  Or really even buy online without totally guessing on what will work.  So me and my mom actually found a Gordman's nearby that has a Motherhood Maternity department and they have wheelchairs!!  So I actually got to go to a store for a little while!  I lasted less than an hour and I was really hurting when we got home, but it felt so good to go out!  And we got what I needed finally!  Sometimes a girl just needs her mom when it comes to things like this!  :)

My mom also bought this for the baby while we were there - so cute!

My mom also helped me clean out my fridge which was AWESOME!!  I was way too embarrassed to have a friend help me with that, so that was SO helpful!  She also braided my hair one night and I loved that!  So my hair is all kinky today, which is so fun!  Makes me feel like I actually have a hairstyle for once instead of just being "blah" on the couch.

The really big thing she did while she was here was to help Aaron paint the nursery! 

Our big painting project turned into a much smaller one when we decided to stick with one darker accent wall instead of painting all the walls a light color.  They did a great job!!  The room already had one dark blue wall, so our decisions were made for us a little bit since it made more sense to do a dark color over the dark color.  Otherwise I think we might have done a different wall, but I like how it turned out.  And I have pictures for once!!
I was so excited to get that fish border off the wall!!!






...right about here is when they realized I was still there taking pictures and me and baby got kicked out of the room...so I left it in their hands and had to wait to see it when it was all done.

After only one coat, some of the blue is still showing, but Aaron is going to do the second coat and get that all covered up.

(I love that the closet already has built in shelves so I can just put baskets in there to organize all her little socks and things!)

We were debating about painting the other walls because it felt so WHITE over on the right side of the room, but it occurred to me that the less purple paint we use, the more purple decor I can put in the room!  So we're leaving it as is.  My aunt made the awesome suggestion to get plum curtains that match the wall to frame the window, and then I'm planning to use the leftover paint to paint letters to hang the baby's name above her crib, so that should tie in the purple color pretty well on all the walls.  And that purple PERFECTLY matches the bedding set I got, so it should all come together great in the end!

This is the bedding set that I got for the nursery - in case you're curious!  :)



So sad to see her go!  :(  Isn't my mom so pretty??  It was so helpful to have her here!!  
(And look at me being OUTSIDE of my house for once!!!)

There's my baby daddy!  ;)

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love purple too! I'm personally not so big on pink. I'm going for lime green and chocolate brown for decor in Baby Asher's room. I must just be subconsciously rejecting the classic baby blue and pink. :) Also, I totally understand about the bra situation. I just got a new one a few weeks ago, and it has made a world of difference! I should have gotten a new one long ago. Pregnancy changes the body in so many ways, lol!

    ReplyDelete